When it comes to the floors in your home, the choices can be overwhelming. Install new floors or refinish existing floors? Hardwood flooring? Luxury vinyl? Tile or carpet? We can help you choose and install the right floor for your home and lifestyle, or breathe new life into your existing hardwoods.
With proper care, the hardwood floors in your home can last a lifetime. We can refinish your floors so that they look like new again. We offer top-of-the-line refinishing with an industry-leading dust containment system and waterborne finishes. These options are a more environmentally-friendly way to refinish your hardwood floors.
What to Expect
- We visit your home to assess your floors and discuss expectations.
- We provide a quote.
- You accept the quote and pay a deposit.
- Refinishing start date is scheduled.
- You choose stain color, finish type (oil or waterborne) and sheen.
- The crew leader will review the work and address any concerns.
- Day one: tool setup. 220v power source access is necessary.
We will prep a small area for you to verify stain color.
- Sanding begins. Doors should be closed, and entryways will be covered with plastic. Keep in mind that sanding is noisy.
- Floors are stained.
- Floors are finished. Your choice of oil-based or waterborne finish determines the length of the finishing process.
- Molding and trim are installed.
- The exterior of your home is cleaned and debris is removed.
Refinishing can take from 3 days to 2 weeks.
We will educate you regarding proper maintenance to prolong the life of your floors.
- You can typically walk on the floor in socks the day after the final coat.
- Furniture can be replaced in 3 to 5 days.
- You can place area rugs after 21 days.
- You can walk on the floor in socks 4 hours after the final coat.
- Furniture can be replaced in 1 to 3 days.
- You can place area rugs after 10 days.
Most hardwood floors are fully cured between 10 days and 3 weeks.